Search This Blog

Thursday 14 April 2011

New Children of Bodom album

I finally bought the new COB album on CD today, and listened to it a couple of times. They are a favourite of mine, though I have to admit I was not all that impressed with their previous album 'Blooddrunk' - it just failed to make an impression on me and I could not get into it, aside from the odd track. This new one though - 'Relentless, Reckless, Forever' makes up for that last album and is something of a good return to form from the Finnish metal band. My only gripe is that the whole thing is over so quickly - there are 9 songs averaging out at about 4 minutes each. The whole thing is finished after 36 minutes, and it just left me thinking - oh, was that it..? I want to hear more. I almost wish they'd took a bit longer to bring the album out and wrote a few more songs. All in all though, as I say, it is a very good album - not as good as their early stuff, but a lot better than their previous effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment